|Job Title||: Chief of Party (COP), Adolescent Heath Activity|
|Report to||: Country Director|
|Duty Station||: Dhaka|
|Start Date||: ASAP|
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. Harnessing mass media, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, our work helps to save lives and improve health, protect livelihoods, challenge inequality and build more peaceful and democratic societies. We partner with civil society, local media and other stakeholders to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform, engage and inspire change in our audiences by sharing trusted information and stories that generate debate and discussion and challenge prejudice. We also support the independent media essential to democracy and development through capacity strengthening. Our work is built on insights from our research and engagement with communities, and is focused on the following themes: health, media development, governance and rights, gender equality and social inclusion, humanitarian response and resilience.
BBC Media Action is looking for a Chief of Party (COP) to build, design and provide technical and programmatic leadership for an anticipated five-year project: “Adolescent Health Activity” (AHA) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bangladesh’s Office of Population, Health, and Nutrition (OPHN). ThisActivity will support adolescent health outcomes in Bangladesh through a focus on four core objectives: 1) Increased ability of adolescents to exercise their right to delay marriage and early childbearing; 2) strengthened social support to delay marriage and early childbearing; 3) strengthened essential and equitable services for adolescents and their families; and 4) institutionalized effective solutions.
The COP will provide overall technical guidance and program management to ensure exceptional project delivery in a manner consistent with project work plans and USAID requirements.
This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Serve as the main point of contact for USAID, the Ministry of Health (MoH), consortium partners and other key project stakeholders.
- Undertake holistic responsibility for accurate and timely preparation and delivery of programmatic and financial reporting, in line with USAID reporting requirements.
- Ensuring quality control and the high technical performance of project activities and staff Ensure learning and results from the project are shared to contribute to thought leadership around interventions supporting improved adolescent health outcome.
- Work closely with relevant project staff and partners to ensure timely and effective mobilization of key organizational resources to ensure the effective delivery of the AHA.
- Identify program risks and lead in mitigating their impact by mitigating their impact in line with BBC Media Action’s risk management procedures.
- Lead and manage the project team, including short and long-term staff, and directly supervise.
- Build strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and provide overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Recruit staff and ensure implementation of effective human resource protocols for project staff.
- Adhere to the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes; and design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure the programmatic and financial integrity of the AHA and to achieve project goals, objectives, and targets.
- Provide oversight of project activities to achieve the stated objectives.
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s operational policies and regulations.
- Master’s degree or another advanced degree in a relevant field such as public health, social sciences, or institutional learning.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a senior management role on a large integrated service delivery project in Bangladesh.
- Previous experience working on a USAID program and knowledge of USAID regulations, requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge in health systems, adolescent health, and/or other areas under USAID’s health priorities.
- In-depth understanding of building the agency of adolescents and eco-system around it in Bangladesh.
- Understanding of social and behaviour change communication to support social and community-based behavioral change.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with government, donors, and communities. organizations to advance development and health outcomes.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently, often within a required timeframe.
- Advanced network building, interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, both in English and Bangla.
The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check may form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.