|Location||: Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Type||: Core, Full Time|
|Accountable to||: Director, Finance and Administration|
|Joining time||: Immediately|
Functional Relationship: County Director, Director Program, Head of projects/Units/RC and other relevant officials.
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. The Hunger Project in Bangladesh was founded in 1991 to foment a volunteer-based movement for overcoming hunger and poverty sustainably. THP in Bangladesh is currently the largest volunteer-based organization in the country, with over 200,000 volunteers working toward self-reliance.
In Africa, Asia and Latin America, The Hunger Project empowers millions of women and men to end their own hunger. The Hunger Project has pioneered low-cost, bottom-up, gender-focused strategies in each region where hunger persists. These strategies mobilize clusters of rural villages to create and run their own programs that achieve lasting progress in health, education, nutrition and family income.
This is a senior level management position. Under the supervision of the Director Finance and Administration, Deputy Director Finance and Administration/Sr. Manager Finance and Administration will be responsible for establishing mechanisms for carrying out administrative, procurement, logistics and financial functions for all projects of the organisation. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing all financial and administrative staff functions to ensure that finance and administrative systems are working effectively and efficiently and are compliant with organization policies, donor requirements and local laws and regulations especially NGOAB and NBR requirements as well as meet The Global Office requirements. Also ensure the periodic internal and external audit are conducted timely manner. The successful candidate will play a pivotal roll in both financial and administration.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of The Hunger Project in Bangladesh annual Strategic financial and operating plans in consultation with The Country Director/SMT.
- Prepare annual budget and financial plan of the organization. Prepare quarterly reports, consolidated annual fiscal reports, cumulative life of project report, and any other required donor submissions
- Plays a leadership role within the Country office and is accountable for providing operational leadership and management for all areas of finance in the organization.
- Develop, implement and adapt standardized, efficient and effective financial, administrative and other operational systems of the country office.
- Oversee subgrant monitoring and compliance including organizational assessments, review of financial reports/advance requests, and financial tracking; develop subgrant monitoring plans; and perform and document compliance visits.
- Update the Country Office financial and accounting policies and procedures to reflect the changes of the organization both country and Global office, donors requirement and the GoB financial regulations.
- Country office budget finalization and integration including support in budget development for new projects.
- Ensure that award resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans and work closely with Program persons to ensure spending is in line with budgets.
- Closely work with Finance and program team for ensuring budget accuracy, expense tracking on a regular basis to prevent over-expenditure of budgets
- Review monthly field fund request and projections to support forecasting accuracy and project completion as required.
- Review monthly financial reporting files and bank reconciliations and ensure its timely submission to the Global Office and donors.
- Prepare the year/project ended books of accounts, schedules, notes and start project wise external audit, separate audit as per global/donor template and a consolidated audit timely and meet the queries of the auditor. Maintain operational relationships with internal and external auditors and partners.
- Prepare the reports, respond to findings and recommend resolutions or action plans as well as ensure all donor and NGOAB/NBR related audit requirements are complied
- Be the point person for all finance inquiries and communicate with all donors on financial issues relating to reporting. Advise the DFA/SMT team on all financial matters.
- Ensure the all-financial accounting dada is processed timely manner in the web based QuickBooks or other accounting software and ensure accurate accounting records meet internal, donor and statutory requirements
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process with effective financial analysis and realistic propositions.
- Develop and ensure effective internal control are in place with the changes of the organization policies and procedures, safeguard of the organisation’s assets and also ensure effective segregation of duties to prevent fraud and misappropriation of funds.
- Be responsible for ensuring country operation is fully complied with NGOAB/NBR and manage the overall activities related to NGOAB approval and fund release and also Ensure on timely submission of annual reports, project completion reports and any other adhoc requirements related to fund clearance
- Ensure that TAX and VAT deducted from bills at source correctly and promptly as per NBR rules and are remitted to the respective authority and follow the any changes of income tax an vat law.
- Create a well-defined financial and budgetary delegation of authority in consultation with the Country Director and Finance and Admin Director and approved by appropriate authority.
- Identify and communicate compliance and risk issues to the Country Director/DFA and provide overall guidance and support in resolving such issues.
- Provide oversight on office management, procurement and logistics and transport functions to ensure that adequate systems and processes have been established for these areas of support.
- Work with the DFA to review and update office safety and security manual, systems and procedures and ensure regular updates.
- Ensure organisation’s administrative procedures are in place which includes procurement procedures, office operations and management procedures.
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to project team to plan their needs in terms of goods and service procurement, resource utilization and other logistical support for local and international travel staff and consultants.
- Ensure overall maintenance and best usage of office space and other assets and equipment.
- Management and review of standardized contracts/lease agreements between THP Bangladesh Country program and landlords /vendors as well as ensure on timely renewal.
- Supervise the work of Admin & IT department staffs and ensure they perform to the expected standards. This includes monitoring and motivating them to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program's goals. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Update the HR policy and ensure proper implementation of the policy, assess human resource requirement in consultation with program team, developing and implementing policies and procedures regarding human resource planning, timely recruitment, training and development, annual performance, transfer, promotion, pay and benefit administration. Ensure emergency telephone contract information of all staff is available.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the financial records of the country office and safekeeping of all sensitive documents.
- Develop and implement procedures for assessing the value for money that THP in all its activities.
- Review of all restricted funding applications to ensure the budget reflects realistic operational plans and support costs are being sufficiently recovered.
- Monitor financial progress of projects/awards in collaboration with the Program team. Delivery team raising issues with SMT and informing International Finance teams if issues are unresolved.
- Support Program team with management of all sub-awards, providing regular finance monitoring of sub-awardees, being involved in pre-award assessments, and supporting compliance.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance from reputed university. Professional Degree in CA/ACMA qualified or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the areas of Finance, Accounts and Administration in national or international NGOs out of which at list 5-7 years at senior managerial level.
- Age 40 to 45 years.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to support organizational change.
- Sound knowledge on Accounting, auditing, financial forecasting, and budgeting principles and practices.
- Have ability to analyses complex problems, evaluate alternatives and implementation.
- Creative recommendations, work under pressure, organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete several assignments independently within established guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and report writing skills both English and Bangla.
- Pro-active, self-starter, professional, honest, dedicated team builders polite in manner with positive personality.
- Ability to identify, assess, monitor, and manage risks including developing mitigation strategies.
- Sound knowledge NGOAB/NBR rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Power Point, advance Excel)
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, coordination and communication, networking skills
- Motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organization
- Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem-solving approach
- Gender equality and diversity awareness, Strong planning /organization skills
- Ability to forecast financial challenges and provide strategic input, proven experience of contributing to development of proposal
- In-depth knowledge and experience in financial reporting requirement especially USAID, EU, FCDO, USG funding rules (2CFR200) and other international donor guidance.
- Experiences of managing sub- grantee, partner organization, multilateral agencies.
- Able to work remotely and independently with an understanding of working across multiple sites.
Salary and benefits:
- Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate. In addition, PF, Gratuity, Festival allowance, Life insurance and Hospitalization support are applicable as HR and Financial policy.