Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, founded in 1973 at Baltimore, Maryland, USA with the mission to create and deliver transformative health care solutions that save lives. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, Jhpiego builds health providers' skills and develops systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Since inception, Jhpiego worked to save lives and improve health has reached people in more than 150 countries worldwide. Currently, it runs active programs in more than 35 countries across the globe.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who
are being considered. We will shortlist on rolling basis. Thank you for your understanding.
|Department or Project:||Finance & Operations|
|Job Title (Designation):||Manager, Finance & Operations|
|Type of Contract:||Short Term|
|Number of Position:||01|
|Standard benefits as per
|As per company policy|
|Duty Station:||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Country Lead; Manager, Finance and Operations will be responsible for establishing mechanisms for and hands-on participation in identifying and carrying out administrative, procurement, logistics and financial functions for all Jhpiego projects in Bangladesh. The Manager, Finance and Operations will be also responsible for overseeing all administrative and financial staff functions to ensure that finance and administrative systems are working effectively and efficiently and are compliant with Jhpiego standards, donor requirements and local laws and regulations. Moreover, the position will ensure that the project office follows best practices to reach project objectives.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and adapt standardized, efficient and effective financial, administrative and other operational systems to optimize in-country performance
- Provide oversight on implementation of overall office management policies, procedures, processes and systems to ensure optimal support in all offices
- Identify and communicate compliance and risk issues to the Country Lead and HQ and provide overall guidance and support in resolving such issues.
- Provide oversight on office management, procurement and logistics and transport functions to ensure that adequate systems and processes have been established for these areas of support and that adequate internal controls are in place.
- Work with the Country Lead to regularly review and update office safety and security manual, systems and procedures to ensure regular updates and training are provided to staff, telephone tree and emergency contact information is available and overall preparedness for the Jhpiego Bangladesh office.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with external accounting firm/audit firm as needed.
- Lead, manage, and motivate the entire team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive functional feedback on their performance.
- Operational support to Human Resources Department as needed.
- Work as Country Security Focal with Global Security Contact person and develop a country security plan and occasionally review and update when necessary.
- Ensure Country Office accounting policies and procedures are updated to reflect global changes of Jhpiego, donors and the GoB financial regulations.
- Country budget finalization and integration including support in budget development for new programs.
- Ensure required financial controls are in place, adhered to and regularly reviewed
- Provide guidance to the Country Lead and other Program personnel regarding the financial requirements of the project and office operations
- Manage Jhpiego/Bangladesh’s financial resources, budgeting, tracking and monitoring of financial expenditures.
- Ensure that award resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans and work closely with Program persons to ensure spending is in line with budgets.
- Direct the annual budgeting process for all assigned accounts
- Closely work with Finance Officers for ensuring budget accuracy, expense tracking on a regular basis to prevent over-expenditure of budgets
- Review monthly fund request and projections to support forecasting accuracy and project completion as required.
- Review monthly financial reporting (QuickBooks) files and bank reconciliations and ensure its timely submission to Jhpiego HQ office in Baltimore
- Play a leading role in the closing of month and year-end financial reports.
- Monitor accurate and timely submission of financial reports and attendant schedules and attachments to government regulatory agencies
- Coordinate preparation of control reports, respond to findings and recommend resolutions or action plans as well as ensure all donor and NGOAB related audit requirements are complied
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Be the point person for all finance inquiries and communicate with all donors on financial issues relating to reporting. Advise the CO management team on all financial matters.
- Be responsible for ensuring country operation is fully complied with NGOAB
- Manage the overall activities related to NGOAB approval for fund release and any other bank formalities as necessary.
- Ensure on time submission of annual reports, project completion reports and any other ad hoc requirements related to fund clearance
- Provide regular status updates on the registration or approvals to Jhpiego, and assist with troubleshooting any problems
- Ensure proper documentation of all documents both scanned and paper version related to NGO Affairs Bureau
- Maintain confidentially for the legal papers, approval, documents of Jhpiego and should not be shared or released to anybody without approval of Jhpiego.
Administrative & IT:
- Ensure Jhpiego’s administrative procedures are in place which includes procurement procedures, office operations and management procedures.
- Ensure that Administrative IT and Procurement function can effectively deliver quality goods and services on time
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to project team to plan their needs in terms of goods and service procurement, resource utilization and other logistical support for local and international travel (including expense reports) for staff and consultants
- Ensure overall maintenance and best usage of office space and other assets and equipment
- Ensure on time submission of invoices related to procurement by adhering compliance
- Management and review of standardized contracts/lease agreements between Jhpiego Bangladesh Country program and landlords as well as ensure on time renewal or notices
- Ensure up to date vendor list is on place and do the necessary coordination for issuing on time service contracts and necessary extensions
- Supervise the work of Admin & IT department staffs and ensure they perform to the expected standards. This includes mentoring and motivating them to undertake their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Ensure all security plans are updated and operationalized
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is required, Professional Degree in CA/ACCA/ACMA or equivalent will be an advantage.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience as a Manager of working in the areas of Finance, Procurement, Government Relations, Administration & IT; Experience of working in national or international nonprofit organization.
- Have knowledge on Accounting, auditing, financial forecasting, and budgeting principles and practices with basic management information systems applications for accounting functions
- Have ability to analyses complex problems, evaluate alternatives and implement
- creative recommendations, organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and
- complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Have skills in working on several assignments simultaneously, setting priorities,
- meeting deadlines, and working independently within established guidelines
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Public relations, communication, coordination and Networking skills.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and communication skills
- Excellent organization, and coordination skills
- Recording and reporting
- Presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a complex organization, across functions and work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure, priorities and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organization
- Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem-solving approach
- Gender equality and diversity awareness
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong planning or organization skills